Hardwood flooring has remained popular for centuries thanks to its durability, beauty and flexibility. Hardwood flooring is also such a classic because it can be refinished before it needs to be replaced. Refinishing is a great way to refresh tired hardwood floors just in time for holiday guests.
Can Your Floors Be Refinished?
The majority of hardwood floors can be refinished, but some are beyond saving. What conditions necessitate a replacement instead of refinishing?
- Floors with boards that move a great deal when they are stepped on
- Hardwood floors with structural problems (the sub-flooring will need to be fixed after the flooring is completely removed)
- Hardwood floors that have been refinished so many times there isn’t enough wood left.
- What can be repaired with wood floor refinishing?
- Occasional wood planks that have termite or insect damage
- Squeaky floorboards
- Stains or water marks
- Normal wear and tear.
The Refinishing Process
First, our team will visit your home to evaluate the state of your existing hardwood flooring. We can also discuss options for matching two different tones of wood with a new stain, changing the stain color currently on your hardwood and making any patches or repairs during the process. During refinishing, we will carefully sand your floors and take care to keep dust from spreading around your home. Then, we will apply a base coat of polyurethane, followed by a second and third coat for a durable finish. After 2-3 days, you’ll be able to move furniture around and use your home as you normally would.
The Benefits of Hardwood Floor Refinishing
Still not convinced? Some of the benefits of refinishing your hardwood floor include:
- Spending less to revive old floors than you would to install new ones
- A fresh look that is glossy and rich
- Increase the value of your home
Give A Plus Carpet & Flooring a Call Today for Your Holiday Flooring Needs
To purchase or refinish your hardwood flooring for the holiday season, work with A Plus Carpet & Flooring. We also offer free service estimates. To get your free flooring estimate and learn about what our current promotions are, give us a call today at 410-418-9888.